Unit 2 - Illustrator Logo Design
Company Brand / Logo Design
Project Requirements - Formative PART 1
- Watch Vids #1 - #4
- For Vids 2-4, complete a new Illustrator file for each video as an example of concepts learned to Schoology.
- Click on the "Word Lab" link below. It will take you to a fictional company name generator web site.
- Brainstorm and design a company logo for this fictional company.
- Much like Aaron Draplin, you will need to come up with a minimum of 10 different sketches in your sketchbook.
- You will need to utilize the skills you've acquired by working through the pen tool, pathfinder, layers and gradients tutorial assignments.
- Finally, create a new logo for this fictional company. Submit to schoology assignment when completed.
Vid #1 Assignment
Aaron Draplin is one of the most influential and well known logo designers out there. Before watching the video, make a mini sketchbook with graph paper. During the video, copy along with Aaron and draw logo ideas. After watching the video, go into the Schoology Unit 2 folder and submit your responses to the prompts there. Reflect on what you've learned from Mr. Draplin.
Vid #2 Assignment
Create your own custom line art brush in Illustrator. Draw a picture with your line art brush and submit it to Schoology by exporting it as a jpeg image.
Extra: Convert fonts to outlines
Vid #3 Assignment
Follow along with the tutorial. Create a symmetrical shield shape. Export a jpeg to Schoology.
Vid #4 Assignment
Create your own custom symbol. Export a jpeg copy to Schoology.
Team Logo Design
Project Requirements - Investigation
- Watch Vids #5 & #6
- Choose 1 Team Logo from the examples below.
- Complete the Investigation Assignment in Schoology
- In your small sketchbook, you've made in class, brainstorm a list of a minimum of 10 mascot / team logo ideas.
- Find a visual reference for each idea, from online, from which you could sketch your logo.
- TIP: Draw your sketches of your ideas from a full frontal view, like from the YAK or Gorillas examples below, unless you wanted to try the challenge of drawing a profile or 3/4 view.
- Next, brainstorm a list of a minimum of 5 cities of your choice. These could be real or fictional cities.
- Finally, come up with a team name for the city's mascot. Put it all together for a brand new Team Logo!